Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 6 Post 2 Technorati

I liked the reference to Technorati as the "World Live Web." It certainly does keep track of what's being said in real time. An interesting tracking module is how many times a topic, 'learning 2.0" for example, is blogged per day. While searching around, I found a couple of interesting blogs that sent me out looking for further information. In the WTF section, the top blog was about a free audio website for material in the public domain. So, I just had to go check out librivox.org. Then I found a blog on delicious library 2.0, a product for Macs. It's a program that allows you to scan the upc code from books, audios, dvds and the item appears on the shelf in your virtual library. Looked really fun but I don't have a Mac......plus you can do books for free at Library Thing. I always wondered how I could find blogs about topics I might want to learn about or get other people's opinions on, now I know where to go.

No comments: