Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 8 Post 1 Social Networking

I love myspace! I have a page and enjoy keeping up will all my friends who are artists and musicians. I have several library sites as "friends" including ALA, Banned Books and Ask a Librarian. Many of my favorite authors also have myspace pages and it's fun to keep up with their book signings and progress on new novels. Plus, I have discovered many new writers and musicians because they "find" me and ask to be my friend. I've also been invited by people I wouldn't want to be associated with and it's easy to deny them. I have a blog on myspace and there are actually 7 people who have subscribed to my blog. http://www.myspace.com/pattijanel

I checked out several of the other social networking sites. I read that Yahoo 360 is undergoing some changes and there's lots of buzz about that on their site. I had no idea there was a networking site for cats! I'll have to create a page for Bandit cause I know he'd like lots of new friends! I've browsed Rate My Space on HGTV before. I didn't really think of it as a social networking site.

Ning was interesting. There were groups for firefighters, high school and college alumni groups and people with various diseases. Looks like anyone can start a group and have their own pages and members.

No comments: